Thursday 14 March 2019

As you like it challenge 152 - Favourite dies or stencil


Goedemorgen, vandaag begint er weer een nieuwe challenge op het As you like it challenge blog. Deze keer willen we graag weten wat je liever op je kaarten gebruikt: Stansjes of stencils. Stansjes gebruik ik al jaren, maar sinds kort heb ik de stencils ook ontdekt. Vooral de stencils om wolken op een kaart te maken zijn een echte favoriet. Ik moet echt uitkijken dat ik ze niet op elke kaart gebruik. Maar stansen zijn ook wel bijna altijd op mijn kaarten te vinden. Ik ben vooral gek op basisvormen, zoals cirkels, rechthoeken en vierkanten en dan nog het liefste met een mooi afgewerkt randje zoals een stiksteek of gaatjes. Op deze kaart heb ik er dan ook voor gekozen om stansen te gebruiken en dan vooral van mijn geliefde merk: Crealies. Zo'n mooie stans geeft je kaart net iets extra's. Ik gebruik niet al te veel versieringen op mijn kaart, maar dat vind ik ook niet echt nodig door de mooie afgewerkte randen. Deze keer is Crafty ribbons onze sponsor.

Vandaag heb ik eens een kaartje zonder afbeelding erop, dat gebeurt eigenlijk bijna nooit. Ik moest een verjaardagskaart maken en daarom heb ik met Star dies van de Action een grote ster uit paars streepjespapier van het Striped silly paper pack van Sunny studio gestanst. Met de Crea-nest-lies XXL 33 van Crealies heb ik uit zwart karton een cirkel frame gestanst. Ik heb de tekst uit zwart karton gestanst met de Stencils SL163 van Studio light. Ik heb de tekst 3 keer uitgestanst en oplkaar geplakt, zodat deze een mooie dikte krijgt. Ik heb de letters daarna ook nog gekleurd met de Clear Spectrum noir sparkle glitter pen om ze extra feestelijk te maken. Op een witte kaart heb ik eerst met een zwarte pen een lijntje langs de randen van de kaart getekend. Daarna heb ik met Black gesso van Finnabair soatjes op de voorkant van mijn kaart gemaakt. Ik was nog niet helemaal tevreden met mijn spatjes, dus ik heb er een paar bijgestempeld met een stempel uit de set Forget me not van Tracey Hey and Alpaca pals. Ik heb daarna het frame en de ster op de kaart geplakt en vervolgens de tekst op de kaart geplakt. Als laatste heb ik de kaart nog versierd met paarse enamel dots die echt de perfecte kleur voor bij het paarse papier hebben.


Goodmorning, today a new challenge starts on the As you like it challenge blog. This time we want to know what you prefer to use on your cards: Dies or stencils. I have used dies since I started making cards, but lately I also got interested in stencils. I really love using stencils to create a cloudy background on a card. I want to add those on all the cards I make. But I use my dies also very often on my cards. I really love the basic shapes, likes circles, rectangles and squares. I love them even more when they have a nice edge, like stitching or dots. So on this card I decided to used dies, I had to use dies from my favourite brand: Crealies. A nice die adds a little something extra on your card. I don't use a lot of embellishments, but when my die-cuts have a nice decorated edge, I don't think a lot of other embellishments are needed. This time Crafty ribbons is our sponsor.

For today I have made a card without an image on it, that almost never happens. I needed to make a birthday card, so I have die-cut a large star with Star dies from Action from striped purple design paper from the Striped silly paper pack from Sunny studio. I have die-cut a circle frame from black cardstock with the Crea-nest-lies XXL 33 from Crealies. The sentiment is die-cut from black cardstock with the Stencils SL163 from Studio light. I have cut the words three times and glued them on top of each other, love that look. Then I coloured the letters with the Clear Spectrum noir sparkle glitter pen to make the words extra festive. I doodled lines with a black pen along the edges of the card. Then I added paint splatters on the card with Black gesso from Finnabair. I wanted some more splatters so with a stamp from the set Forget me not from Tracey Hey and Alpaca pals I stamped a couple more on my card. Then I glued the frame and the star on the card. I glued the sentiment on top of the star on the card. Then I decorated the card with purple enamel dots that have the perfect colour to match my design paper. 


Binnen in de kaart heb ik met de Gift bag die van Waffleflower een vakje gemaakt voor een cadeau kaart. Ik heb uit het vakje nog een ster gestanst met de dies van de Action en de ster heb ik daarna in de hoek van mijn kaart geplakt. 

Inside the card I made a pocket for a gift card with the Gift bag die from Waffleflower. I have cut a star from the pocket with the dies from Action and I glued that star in the upper corner. 


I want to enter this card in the following challenges:
*********************************************************************************
STAMP: Forget me not from Tracey Hey and Alpaca pals
PAPER: White and black cs, Striped silly paper pack from Sunny studio
INK: Versafine onyx black
DIES: Star dies from Action, Crea-nest-lies XXL 33 from Crealies, Stencils SL163 from Studio light, Gift bag die from Waffleflower
ACCESSORIES: Black gesso from Finnabair, Clear Spectrum noir glitter sparkle pen, Purple enamel dots, Black pen

3 comments:

  1. A great card, love the gift card holder. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not just a card, but also a gift! Lovely design and I love the glossy sentiment. xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) by commenting you know that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of your personal informations for this specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails